SCREEN PRINTING USING SD MESHES
SD is the name behind a comprehensive range of stainless steel meshes developed specifically for screen printing applications. Precision wires drawn mainly in-house are woven by experienced weavers into premium screen printing meshes designed for the most challenging applications in technical screen printing, working in cleanroom conditions in air conditioned halls, using state of the art weaving machines.
SD screen printing meshes are used in the printing industry throughout the world, renowned for the following properties.
- Advanced levels of precision
- Narrow thickness tolerances
- Stable weave
- Above average flexural strength
- Clean, uniform surface area
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- No static loading
- Uniform appearance, no transition (mesh striping)
- Large open area
- Easy to fabricate (lies flat, no curl)
- Optimum print quality
- Advanced load capacity and service life
- Controlled ink lay down
- Minimal loss of tension during the tensioning and printing processes
- Extended service life
- Maximum register accuracy
- High resolution
- Controlled ink and paste flow
- Improved off contact characteristics
- Advanced reproducibility when printing
RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
- Technical screen printing for the electronics industry
- Screen printing for solar technology
- Printing on glass and ceramics
Availability, general information for all screen printing meshes
- Material — DIN 1.4301 / AISI 304
- Width — 1020 mm (40“), 1220 mm (48“) and 1530 mm (60“), bespoke specifications up to 2800 mm possible
- Roll lengths — 30 metres as standard, longer rolls available on request
- Specifications — The information given represents typical values in respect of laboratory values. Production related discrepancies are possible, as well as technical changes due to further development.
- Order example — Example: SD PLUS, w/mm, d/mm, width/mm, length/m
- Certification — Every roll is supplied complete with thickness certification (except GP meshes)
- Special meshes — Customer specific meshes are also available for special applications, subject to sufficient volumes.
OBJECTIVE: TO ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST QUALITY PROCESSES FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
THE PROCESS QUALITY OF A GIVEN APPLICATION IS DETERMINED BY A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT FACTORS:
- In depth understanding of the requirements
- Designing a solution that is practical and fit for purpose
- The correct mesh: material, weave and quality
- Professional mesh fabrication, with the focus on total reproducibility
- Continuous quality control, availability and adherence to production deadlines
Building on many years of experience, we have developed a service package which covers all current requirements.
ENGINEERING AND CONSULTANCY – UNDERSTANDING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
Our engineers and specialists have at their disposal a vast fund of knowledge, built upon wide ranging knowledge of diverse applications. Where necessary, they will assess existing projects and find the perfect solution, using modern materials and equipment.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND FABRICATION – UNDERSTANDING HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE
We provide a comprehensive service, from design consultancy through to installation and testing, where sensible and required; from ambitious one-offs through to economical volume production. So much is possible, all completed to the highest possible standards of quality.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
The machinery and equipment used in our businesses are specially developed for the processing and fabrication of fine meshes. Our global network of facilities in terms of equipment, skills and economic factors give us the flexibility to achieve the most cost effective solutions.
ATI LOGISTICS – ON TIME, IN THE RIGHT PLACE
Our logistics function is an important part of our service package, and is closely linked to many other divisions including production planning and control. Our central warehouse carries more than 10,000 rolls of standard specification mesh.
MESH PRODUCTION – OUR CORE SKILL
Our Swiss production facility is one of the most modern anywhere in the world. Our weaving machines have been developed in-house, whilst our continuously upgraded infrastructure is capable of meeting even the most demanding challenges.
WIRE DRAWING – FOR BETTER RESULTS
Weaving at its upper tolerance limits requires exceptional raw materials. Using our own in-house wire drawing facility, we can ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained from the outset.
Examples of additional applications:
- Operational guarding on equipment and machinery
- Insulation against heat and cold
- Protection of equipment and surfaces
- Protecting the immediate environment in the event of malfunction
- Screening, optical shielding
- Shielding against electromagnetic forces
- Neutralising static loading
- Lightning strike protection in the aviation industry and for wind turbines
- Battery production
- Fuel cell production
- Audio products, earphones, microphones, loudspeakers
- Noise suppression, ie engines in hot and cold zones
- Equipment automation
- Passage through areas with high thermal, chemical and mechanical loadings
- Areas with significant hygienic requirements
- Bulk solids applications
- Powder processing
- Lifestyle products including smartphones, tablets, MP3 players etc.
- Architectural meshes; external cladding, room dividers, ceiling liners
- Artistic compositions
- Lighting installations
- Fittings, furniture
- Jointing in the aviation industry; sealing strips in fibreglass composite components.